CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

OOOOOkay ... here we go! My first EVER blog post! First off Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday Season!  Now, like I said, this is my first blog so PLEASE bear with me.  You're probably all wondering what EXACTLY my blog will be about ... well my answer is ... pretty much anything and everything that I love I will post.  However, like the title of my blog insinuates, I am hoping that I will be able to post (the majority of the time) about SEWing projects and even post some tutorials :o I'm overwhelmed already!
Anywho ... so now that you know (vaguely) what my blog will entail I suggest you follow me <3
So ... it IS a NEW YEAR!! And what does one do at the beginning of every New Year?? They make RESOLUTIONS of course! So I have made a few (actually 10 ... I know I'm a bit of an overachiever) and here they are:
1. Read the  Bible  in 90 days (finish at the end of March),  The Book of Mormon   in 30 (finish at the end of April), and  D&C and The Pearl of Great Price  in 60 (finish at the end of June)
2. Do one daily devotional (on my fabulous new  Kindle Fire ) everyday for a year
3. Go to the  Temple  at least five times a month
4. Write in my journal EVERYDAY! (this is going to be the hardest for me)
5. EXERCISE (you all thought I was going to leave that one off huh ... )
6. Watch one hour (or less) of TV a day
7. Read one NON FICTION book
8. Read one CLASSIC novel
9. Complete one sewing project a week
10. BLOG!!!! Every Saturday I am hoping to be able to post a fabulous new post (sneak peek for next week ... I'm going to the  Gila Valley Temple  on Saturday so expect lots of sensational pictures next Saturday evening)
So there you have it ... now that you all know my resolutions I hope you hold me to them :) I'm going to need all the help I can get ... also if you have any classic novel suggestions please comment me with ideas <3
Since I really don't know anything about the blogging world any help would also be greatly appreciated!  i found this wonderful blog Nap Time Crafters  that actually has a " blogging bootcamp " in week one I am supposed to:
1. Determine a focus of my blog - CHECK! = sewing + other randomly fabulous adventures
2. Post regularly - My goal is every Saturday
3. Start making friends - okay I need your help with this one ... PLEASE BE MY FRIEND <3
4. Submit tutorials - Okay gotta get on that (any suggestions? nothing too difficult for my first one please)
5. Participate - be social via the internet ... I can do that!
OOOOOKAY! READY! SET! GOOOOOOO!
Have a wonderful week :)
Lots of Love <3

5 comments:

Weezi said...

So excited to be your first follower

M said...

I'll be your friend! Your blog is so cute. I think your off to a fabulous start.

Pat Foley said...

I am SO impressed with your blog! Very cute and very informative hand warmer project. I may have to dig out my sewing machine. I knit like a crazy person - scarves only - I am SO boring and limited.

As for the classic lit, try reading Thomas Hardy novels (Tess of the D'Ubervilles, Jude the Obscure, etc). They are set in the 1800s and the characters are really great.

I love your resolutions. You know that since they are on your blog you will have to follow through. Very good idea. I love your commitment to attend temple and to cut down on the TV - very productive!

Also love your blogspot name - so cute! Keep on bloggin'

Kelly said...

I'll be following via Googlereader :) SO glad you're going to be doing tutorials - which is why I LOVE pinterest! Also, a good way to keep up with your weekly happenings - feel like with you so far away, I can atleast see what you're doing now via blog :) yayy. Miss ya!

*Christina* said...

YAY Aunt Weezi! Thank you for following me <3
M Thanks for being my friend ;)
And Aunt Pat thank you for the book recommendations ... I've added them ALL to my Kindle :)

Post a Comment